Adult Student Services also advises students who wish to take classes but do not need to earn a degree. With non-degree status, these students encompass a variety of types and address a number of needs:
- Graduate Prep: These students have undergraduate degrees, but need prerequisites for graduate school.
- Professional qualifications: These students need to increase their knowledge in a professional field. An example might be sitting for a CPA exam and needing a few accounting classes beforehand.
- Transient study: These are mostly summer school students who attend college elsewhere but are in Columbia for the summer and want to take a class.
- Seniors at Carolina: Many senior citizens take advantage of a SC state law which allows for them to attend any state-supported institution of higher education tuition-free. This is done on a space-available basis. Seniors add much to the classroom atmosphere at Carolina.
- Personal Enrichment: Many students take courses in subjects they find interesting and enjoyable. Some examples are art, history, psychology, and foreign language.
READY TO LEARN MORE?
For more information about Adult Students at Carolina, please call the Extended University office at 803-777-8155 or email a advisor at email@example.com