What to Bring Checklist
Continuing Education and Conferences will provide:
- Program Backpack
- Program T-Shirt
- Nametag with neck wallet (to be worn at all times)
- Notebook, pen, and pencil
- Outdoor and Indoor game Equipment (Frisbees, Basketballs, board games, nerf-balls, etc.)
- Any advanced reading materials
- Transportation to and from USC to the airport/train/bus with two week prior notice.
- _____ Visor/Hat
- _____ Notepad and Pen
- _____ 2 pairs of comfortable walking shoes. One pair must be closed toe shoes for trips and outside activities (athletic shoes or sneakers are fine).
- _____ Rain Coat / Umbrella
Travel and Residential Students
- _____ Casual Clothes (Summer: Columbia is warm, usually 80 - 90 degrees and can be humid).
- _____ Short / Pants
- _____ T-Shirts
- _____ Jeans
- _____ Sweatshirt
- _____ Sweater or Jacket
- _____ Night Clothes
- _____ Robe
- _____ Toiletries (Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Sunscreen, etc.)
Residential Students Only
- _____ Towels / Washcloths
- _____ Sheets: Extra-Long Twin Set (80" twin size) or two regular flat sheets, pillow cases
- _____ Light blanket or comforter
- _____ Alarm Clock
- _____ Radio / CD Player (Must have headphones)
- _____ Hair Dryer
- _____ Watch
- _____ Camera / Film
- _____ Drinking Cup / Water Bottle
- _____ Flip-Flops
- _____ Clothes Basket
- _____ Favorite Stuffed Animal or Something that makes it feel like home.
- _____ Favorite board game for game night
- _____ Stamps / Stationery
- _____ Telephone
- _____ Spending Money (recommended not to exceed $75.00). Include change for vending machines.
Things to leave at home
- _____ Computers
- _____ Valuables
- _____ Pets
MOBILE PHONES - Parents Please Read! We know that parents and students value the ability to be able to call each other at a moment’s notice. Although we do not prohibit mobile phones, all phone features, including talk, text messaging, and cameras, are not to be used during any instructional or laboratory time.
Parents are responsible for setting clear guidelines for mobile phone use with their student. USC’s Continuing Education and Conferences is not responsible for phone or text content, usage, or phone bills incurred while attending any activity, including loaning phones to friends or placing calls after lights out and talking all night.
Please note: The University of South Carolina is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.