Duke TIP Academic Adventures
University of South Carolina
Saturday, February 23, 2013 and/or Saturday, March 23, 2013
- Academic Adventures are open to students in grades 5 and 6 who have participated in the Duke TIP 4th - 6th Grade Talent Search or the summer 2012 Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series.
- Scholars meet on the University’s Columbia campus on Saturday, February 23, 2013 and/or Saturday, March 23, 2013.
- Students can enroll in one class per program date and explore material typically not included in school curricula.
- Class size is limited to 16 students.
- Check-in is at 9:30 am at their class. Locations are TBA.
- Class starts at 10:00 am until 4:00 pm with a break for lunch.
- Tuition is $120 per program date and includes lunch and academic activities.
- Limited, partial financial aid is available for qualified applicants (See Below).
Courses for Saturday, February 23, 2013 and/or Saturday March 23,2013
Innovative courses are offered during this weekend and students can enroll in only one class per program.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Saturday, March 23, 2013
- Learn to make a Wind Turbine Station using LEGO's and NXT software!
- Sculpture and Mixed Media Art
- Creating Narnia
- Acting, Drama and Theatre!
Courses fill quickly and placements are made as applications are received.
Visit our application page apply online. To apply, you will need your child’s TIP ID.
Applications and Acceptance
- Complete the online registration form and pay the required fee online
- Participants will be placed on a first-come, first served basis in the selected course. Courses are quite popular and fill quickly.
- Waitlist: Applicants who cannot be placed in the selected course will be placed on a waiting list. Applicants will be notified of waitlist status and when a course becomes available.
- Upon acceptance, additional information including acceptance forms will be sent by email.
- If student is unable to attend, SC program must be notified immediately.
- All Scholar Weekend participants must be covered by health insurance.
Financial aid is available in the amount of partial scholarships for this program on a first-come, first-served basis to families who demonstrate need. Each student may only receive financial aid once during the 2012-2013 academic year.
When applying for Financial Aid, complete the online registration process and select the "mail-in" payment option when prompted to choose your payment type. You do not need to make the required fee payment until your registration has been processed. Print off your registration confirmation and send it with a copy of your Family's 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (1040) with applicable schedules by mail or fax to our office. You will be contacted within five business days of when our office receives it.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Program fees are nonrefundable. Course fees are refunded only if the course is not offered by the University of South Carolina or if the applicant is not accepted. If full course payment is not received by the due date stated in the Studentís Acceptance Forms or at least two weeks prior to the program date, the studentís space in the class will be released and any payments made prior to this time will be forfeited. Cancellations will result in forfeiture of payment except in cases of illness (with doctorís note on letterhead) or death of an immediate family member.
The liability of the University of South Carolina is limited to the registration fee, and the University will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants or their families, including but not limited to airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits. Refunds take three weeks to process. The University reserves the right to cancel and refund all registration fees for any course due to circumstances beyond our control, including insufficient registration.
READY TO LEARN MORE?
For more information on this program or other pre-university programs, please call USC Continuing Education and Conferences at 803-777-9444 or send an email to email@example.com, or check out these helpful links: