Duke TIP Academic Adventures
University of South Carolina
Saturday, March 29, 2014
- Academic Adventures are open to students in grades 5 and 6 who have participated in the Duke TIP 4th - 6th Grade Talent Search or the summer 2013 Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series.
- Scholars meet on the University’s Columbia campus on Saturday, March 29, 2014.
- Students can enroll in one class per program date and explore material typically not included in school curricula.
- Class size is limited to 16 students.
- Check-in is at 9:30 am at their class. Locations are TBA.
- Class starts at 10:00 am until 4:00 pm with a break for lunch.
- Tuition is $120 per program date and includes lunch and academic activities.
- Limited, partial financial aid is available for qualified applicants (See Below).
Courses for Saturday, March 29, 2014
Innovative courses are offered during this weekend and students can enroll in only one class per program.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
- Ancient Greek Mythology
- Career in Health Sciences
- Cartoon U
- Creative Writing
- Exploring the World of Comics
- Learn to make a Wind Turbine Station using LEGOs & NXT Software
Courses fill quickly and placements are made as applications are received.
Visit our application page apply online. To apply, you will need your child’s TIP ID.
Applications and Acceptance
- Complete the online registration form and pay the required fee online
- Participants will be placed on a first-come, first served basis in the selected course. Courses are quite popular and fill quickly.
- Waitlist: Applicants who cannot be placed in the selected course will be placed on a waiting list. Applicants will be notified of waitlist status and when a course becomes available.
- Upon acceptance, additional information including acceptance forms will be sent by email.
- If student is unable to attend, SC program must be notified immediately.
- All Scholar Weekend participants must be covered by health insurance.
Financial aid is available in the amount of partial scholarships for this program on a first-come, first-served basis to families who demonstrate need. Each student may only receive financial aid once during the 2013-2014 academic year.
When applying for Financial Aid, complete the paper scholarship application at this website. You will need to submit the completed application, half of the program fee, a payment of $60.00 and a copy of your Family's 2013 Federal Income Tax Return (1040) with applicable schedules by mail or fax to our office. Scholarships will only be given to students who submit all items at same time and are available on first-come, first served basis. Upon acceptance, additional information including acceptance forms will be sent by email. You $60.00 payment will not be processed until you are awarded the scholarship. You will be contacted within five business days of when our office receives it.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Program fees are nonrefundable. Course fees are refunded only if the course is not offered by the University of South Carolina or if the applicant is not accepted. If full course payment is not received by the due date stated in the Studentís Acceptance Forms or at least two weeks prior to the program date, the studentís space in the class will be released and any payments made prior to this time will be forfeited. Cancellations will result in forfeiture of payment except in cases of illness (with doctorís note on letterhead) or death of an immediate family member.
The liability of the University of South Carolina is limited to the registration fee, and the University will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants or their families, including but not limited to airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits. Refunds take three weeks to process. The University reserves the right to cancel and refund all registration fees for any course due to circumstances beyond our control, including insufficient registration.
READY TO LEARN MORE?
For more information on this program or other pre-university programs, please call USC Continuing Education and Conferences at 803-777-9444 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out these helpful links: