SAT/ACT Summer Prep Course at USC Beaufort/Hilton Head's Gateway Campus
The University of South Carolina understands the vital role that college entrance exams such as the SAT and ACT play in college admissions. Acceptance into a student’s school of choice can hinge on his or her performance on these high stakes standardized tests. Properly prepared students are more likely to perform to their highest potential, and University Test Prep is here to help South Carolina’s students meet their potential through our SAT/ACT Institutes. College Board, the test makers for the SAT Test recommends that students to take the SAT once during their junior year of high school and another time during the fall semester of their senior year. Remember to check the application deadlines to ensure that you provide yourself enough time to take the SAT or ACT before you submit your application to the colleges.
With programs in Columbia, Aiken, Beaufort/Hilton Head, and Sumter, we offer comprehensive SAT test prep and ACT test prep options for Carolina's high school students. Whether you are preparing for the SAT or the ACT, University Test Prep's SAT/ACT Summer Institute offers comprehensive preparation for both tests. The SAT/ACT Institute is an intensive test prep program that extends beyond the time spent on the University of South Carolina's campus. Our blended learning Test Prep program offers intensive classroom training followed by periodic online review sessions. The courses are designed for students currently in high school (rising 10-12 graders), we recommend after completing their freshmen or sophomore year.
Since 2008, University of South Carolina renowned University Test Prep program and USC Beaufort's Hilton Head Gateway Campus have teamed up to offer an intensive and exciting SAT/ACT test prep program at USC Beaufort/Hilton Head Gateway Campus in Bluffton, SC. Students will have the opportunity to sharpen their test skills in a college atmosphere.
The SAT/ACT Summer Institute at USC Beaufort's Hilton Head Gateway Campus will be offered twice this summer during the dates of August 3-6. The course meets Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am-3:00 pm on the beautiful Hilton Head Gateway Campus in Bluffton, SC. USC Beaufort became a University campus in 1959 and in 2004, they opened their new Hilton Head Gateway Campus in Bluffton. USC Beaufort, a four-year university, offers baccalaureate degrees in business management, early childhood education, english, biology, history, liberal studies, hospitality management, and computational science. Learn more about USC Beaufort at their website
University Test Prep SAT/ACT Summer course at USC Beaufort-Hilton Head Gateway Campus includes:
Course: PD15-1970: SAT/ACT Summer Prep Course at USC Beaufort/Hilton Head Gateway Campus in Bluffton
Interested in learning more? Join Our Mailing List
SAT/ACT Institute Course Curriculum
Test Taking Strategies
Introduction to the SAT
Comparisons; Picking numbers; Equations; Exponents; Fractions, Percentages and Averages; Rates, Ratios, and Proportions; Lines, Angles, and Triangles; Circles; Polygons; Combined figures; Coordinate Geometry; Volume and Surface Area; New Symbols
For Enrolled Students
Once you are enrolled in a SAT/ACT Summer Institute, download the "Consent & Waiver" form. Please complete the form and return it to our office by email, mail, or fax. All participants must return this form before the first day of their class.
Hear what previous students had to say about University Test Prep's SAT/ACT Summer Course...
I just want to say thank you again for the classroom instruction, and online review that my son received through University Test Prep at USC. The instruction that he received from USC was a tremendous help."
"I really feel that this class is necessary for one to get a good score on the SAT. I think the teacher knows her stuff very well and is doing a great job teaching. I've learned so much!"
"I really enjoyed the course and extremely positive working environment. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to increase their test scores."
"I feel that this course will help me prepare for the SAT/ACT."
"The instructor was very knowledgeable and had an answer for each question that was asked. She took time to answer everyone's question to the best of her degree."
"Great instructor-encouraged me to work on the SAT/ACT prep after the class is done."
"This class gave me great practice for the SAT/ACT exams."
"Great entertaining teacher! I feel like I can do problems faster that I before, which is very helpful."
Answers to frequent questions about the SAT Test:
1. What is the SAT Test? What type of test is it (Paper or Online test)
- According to the SAT Website, SAT doesn't test logic or abstract reasoning but tests the skills you're learning in school: reading, writing, and math. SAT Test contains three sections: Critical reading, writing, and math.
- SAT Test is a paper test which you will take in person.
2. When is the SAT Test Offered?
SAT Test is offered through out the year-upcoming dates:
- January 24
- March 14
- May 2
- June 6
3. How much does it cost?
- It currently costs $51.00 to take the SAT test.
- There are additional fees if you need to take a SAT Subject Test or to cancel/change your registration.
- With every registration, it is Free to send your scores to four colleges. There is a charge if you want to send the score to more colleges.
- Register for the test: http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/how-to-register
4. Where I can I take the test?
- Students can take the SAT Test at high schools and at many technical schools located in their town or at nearby locations.
5. How does scoring work on the SAT?
- SAT reports on a scale between 200-800. There are additional subscores for essay section and some multi-choice writing questions. SAT will score you on each section and will tell you how you did compared to the other students taking the SAT.
6. How long does it take the SAT Test?
- SAT Test consists of 10 sections and it should take about 3 hours and 45 minutes. You'll get three short breaks during the test so bring a snack!
7. My child is in high school. When should my child take the test?
- Most students take the SAT during the spring of their junior year of high school. Many will choose to take the SAT a second time in the fall of their senior year. Just remember, many college applications are due at the end of the year/beginning of the year.
8. How many times should my child take the SAT Test?
- Most students take the SAT Twice.
Do you have more questions? Check out the SAT Website to learn more about the test or call our office and we'll help you!
Additional links to help you prepare for college:
University of South Carolina Undergraduate Admissions Office: To apply to USC, admisson process, deadlines, and to contact an admissions counselor.
University of South Carolina Visitor's Center: Schedule a campus tour!
University of South Carolina Financial Aid & Awards: To learn about financial aid or an award and to apply.
If you would prefer to register by phone, please contact us at (803) 777-9444.