Project Management Fundamentals
Learn why project management has been proven to be the most effective method of delivering projects within cost, schedule, and resource constraints. This intensive and hands-on course gives individuals without much project management experience the skills to ensure your new projects are completed on time and on budget.
Professionals with the training to successfully plan and manage projects continue to be in high demand at top employers. Anyone working in a professional setting can benefit from project management training. Whether you're a full time project manager or simply oversee occasional projects for your organization, USC’s training can help you become a more skilled and sought after project manager. USC’s project management class addresses critical topics such as how to plan, manage, document, and close out projects successfully while minimizing risk.
Participants will gain a strong working knowledge of the basics of project management and be able to immediately use that knowledge to effectively manage work projects. Join the ranks of professional project managers!
Course: PE14-1773: Project Management Fundamentals
Interested in learning more? Join Our Mailing List
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Describe a Project
- Describe the Project Management Life Cycle
- Identify the Role of a Project Manager
- Lesson 2: Initiating a Project
- Determine the Scope of a Project
- Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Identify the Risks to a Project
- Lesson 3: Planning for Time and Cost
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Sequence the Activities
- Create a Project Schedule
- Determine Project Costs
- Lesson 4: Planning for Project Risks, Communication, and Change Control
- Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Create a Communication Plan
- Plan for Change Control
- Lesson 5: Managing a Project
- Begin Project Work
- Execute the Project Plan
- Track Project Progress
- Report Performance
- Implement Change Control
- Lesson 6: Executing the Project Closeout Phase
- Close a Project
- Create a Final Report
If you would prefer to register by phone, please contact us at (803) 777-9444.