Welcome to the University of South Carolina's Palmetto College Central Financial Aid Office Home Page. This page will provide you with information about financial aid at the Palmetto College Campuses of the University of South Carolina.
|School Codes for the USC Palmetto College Campuses|
|University of South Carolina Lancaster||003453|
|University of South Carolina Salkehatchie||003454|
|University of South Carolina Sumter||003426|
|University of South Carolina Union||004927|
- USC Palmetto College Campuses have a partnership with EdManage, a division of SC Student Loan, to assist students with financial literacy and default prevention.
- The FSA ID ― a username and password must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out, the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) at www.nslds.ed.gov, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, and Agreement to Serve (ATS) at www.teach-ats.ed.gov.
- IRS TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT - Change in Verification Process
- The Office of Financial Aid can no longer accept personal copies of federal tax returns. A student whose FAFSA has been selected for verification MUST use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA OR request a copy of a federal Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. The request can be made online at www.irs.gov or by calling 1-800-908-9946. We suggest that you make a copy for your records before submitting the transcript to the Office of Financial Aid.
- CLICK HERE for additional information about ordering a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP)
Federal Financial Assistance Programs are authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended, and require the establishment of minimum standards of academic progress that students must meet to maintain general eligibility for financial aid.
The Palmetto College Campuses FASAP Policy for Financial Aid Eligibility applies to all federal aid programs administered by or through the Office of Financial Aid. These standards apply to all students seeking or receiving assistance whether or not aid may have been received previously.
Direct Loan Master Promissory Note – Required for all Direct Loan applicants. You must have your FSA ID available to use on the website.
Direct Loan Entrance Counseling – Required if you have never had a Direct Loan at USC. You must have your FSA ID available to use on the website.
Direct Loan Exit Counseling – Federal government regulations require all student loan borrowers to complete exit loan counseling prior to graduation or if cease to be enrolled at least half-time. Complete Exit Loan Counseling on the internet at http://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds_SA/.