USC Fort Jackson is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges, a consortium of approximately 1,800 colleges and universities that was created to provide educational opportunities to service members and their families who have trouble completing college degrees because they frequently move from place to place. The program allows you to begin a degree at one college and complete it with courses taken at other colleges as you relocate.
Here’s how you can earn or complete your associate’s or bachelor’s degree through USC Fort Jackson.
• Begin your studies at USC Fort Jackson, complete 15 semester hours for the Associate in Arts or the
Associate in Science, or 30 semester hours for the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, and then the University of South Carolina becomes your home college.
• Have USC Fort Jackson evaluate your Army schools, MOSs, tests, and other possible credit sources and integrate them into a degree plan that’s valid until you graduate.
• As you relocate to other installations, take approved courses for your SOCAD degree from other SOCAD institutions.
• Send transcripts of your courses and documentation of your military experience and test scores back to USC Fort Jackson.
• Receive your degree from USC Fort Jackson upon completion of your original SOCAD Student
Agreement, provided that your degree requirements are completed within five years for the AA/AS or
eight years for the BA.
For more information please contact our office.