What's your next step?
Introduction to Grant Writing
Write for Success!
The Introduction to Grant Writing course addresses the fundamentals of grant writing which includes terminology, mapping goals and identifying grant missions. Participants receive a thorough overview in grant researching, writing strategies, and the skills required to submit winning foundation, state and federal grant applications.
In the initial segment of the course, participants will discover funding sources and learn the basic guidelines for creating grant proposals. During the afternoon session of the workshop, students will have the opportunity to write a letter of intent, compile a simple budget and have it reviewed by peers. Emphasis is given to idea development, identification of the appropriate grant agency, how to write for reviewers, and proven value tips for presenting an applicant’s case to reviewers.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the basics on how to research for available grants as well as begin the grant process
- Understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal such as the objectives, problems addressed, methodology, evaluation, assessments, budget and cover letter
- Prepare professional, competitive, compelling and successful grant proposals
- Become proficient in the proposal format used by the vast majority of public foundations, state and federal agencies
- Know the advantages of including community partnerships
- Discuss the benefits of forming a grant writing team
- Understand how to write a letter of intent to corporate foundations