What's your next step?
The Paralegal Industry is growing much faster than average according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics. This dynamic growth can make it difficult to stay up-to-date on paralegal industry news and information. Below is a list of articles, associations and other links that may be helpful to you as you research this exciting profession.
Associations and Organizations
Palmetto Paralegal Association
South Carolina Legal Services
South Carolina Appleseed Legal Justice Center
South Carolina Access to Justice Commission
Southeastern Association of Legal Assistants
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
American Association for Paralegal Education
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc.
International Paralegal Management Association
Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
- NALA is the "leading professional, national association for legal assistants and paralegals, providing continuing education and professional development programs."
- Westlaw is "a leading online legal research service, providing the broadest collection of legal resources, news, business, and public records information."
- By Cornell University's Legal Information Institute (LII).
- Searchable by title and section, from Cornell's LII.
- This is the official web site of the United States Supreme Court. It features information about the court, an automated docket system, court rules, opinions, public information, and more.
- U.S. Court Forms publishes a large collection of industry-standard court forms for state and federal jurisdictions.
- The ALA works to improve the quality of management in legal services organizations, promote and enhance the competence and professionalism of legal administrators and all members of the management team, and represent professional legal management and managers to the legal community and to the community at large.
- FindLaw is an all-purpose legal search tool featuring numerous categories for legal professionals, students, businesses, and the public. It has a powerful search engine.
- Established in 1981, AAfPE is a national organization serving paralegal education and institutions that offer paralegal education programs.
- Current legal news online.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook