What's your next step?
Learn how USC's Online Paralegal Program is unique...
USC’s Online Paralegal Certificate Program allows you to quickly complete your studies and enter the paralegal field with confidence and the credentials to succeed.
Admission into the program requires a four-year undergraduate degree and/or four years of professional work experience. This ensures that all of our paralegal certificate graduates are qualified for employment after graduation.
Our online learning format allows you to attend classes while still maintaining your work or personal schedule during the week. Classes are conveniently scheduled during the evening hours. Download the program schedule.
Who should enroll in USC’s Paralegal Certificate Program?
- Legal staff wishing to enhance or advance their careers by earning a professional credential
- Career changers seeking a professional career with strong compensation
- Anyone considering law school who would like a head-start on their peers
What is unique about the USC Paralegal Certificate?
- An online paralegal curriculum with over 120 hours of learning
- Excellent resources including e-textbooks and online support (all included in your online program tuition)
- Students develop a "client" file and produce work documents based on their specific case, including billable hours. Learn more about the USC student experience.
Who will be teaching you?
Instructors for this program are attorneys with demonstrated teaching abilities, superior knowledge of the subject matter, and members of the State Bar of South Carolina. All classes are taught by practicing attorneys with expertise in the topic area. Learn more about your instructors.
Our program is divided into six educational components including Introduction to Law, Torts & Personal Injury, Legal Research & Writing, Civil Litigation, Contract Law, and Family Law for a total of over 120 hours. Find out more about the paralegal courses in USC's program.
Earning Your Certificate
To earn the USC Paralegal Certificate, all students must:
- Successfully complete all six modules of the program with a score of 70% or higher in each class, and
- Achieve a score of 75% or higher in the overall program.
The program cost is $4995, which includes tuition, student access to Westlaw, and all e-textbooks for the online program. There are no hidden fees such as application, registration, or graduation certificate.