USC Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
What's your next step?
Six Sigma Green Belt
- February 1 – February 26, 2016
(see program outline)
Six Sigma Black Belt
- June 6 – July 29, 2016
(see program outline)
Register for both programs to save 10%
Earn your Black Belt in just two months!
Our program includes a total of 80 hours of online education with 40 hours of self-paced learning and 40 hours of live instructor-led online sessions. Instructor-led sessions are conveniently scheduled during evening hours to fit easily into your busy professional schedule. You will also complete an independent project, improving a process within your own organization.
What you'll be equipped to accomplish
As a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, you will directly impact your organization's bottom line. A Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate from the University of South Carolina demonstrates to an employer that you are trained in advanced problem solving skills and the statistical tools needed to effectively lead process improvement projects.
The Six Sigma Black Belt program is an in-depth, interactive learning experience that combines self-paced modules with live online sessions. Our program is based on a case study approach, so participants apply training directly to real-world examples.
- Week 1 & 2: 20 hours of self-paced online modules
- Week 3 & 4: 20 hours of instructor led online class sessions
- Week 5 & 6: 20 hours of self-paced online modules
- Week 7 & 8: 20 hours of instructor led online class sessions
Expectations of a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt:
- Implement Six Sigma philosophies and principles, including related systems and tools, and describe their impact on various organizational business processes
- Recognize organization roadblocks and use change management techniques to manage organizational change
- Define benchmarking and utilize various financial and other business performance measures
- Identify customer requirements and describe the impact that Six Sigma projects can have on various types of customers
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding of the components and techniques used in managing teams, including time management, planning and decision-making tools, team formation, and performance evaluation and reward
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of a project charter and use various tools to track project progress
- Demonstrate basic understanding of data collection techniques, process elements, and process analysis tools
- Analyze the results of correlation and regression analyses
- Interpret multi-vari study results and interpret attributes data to find sources of variation
- Perform hypothesis testing and analyze their results
- Identify and interpret the 7 classic wastes
- Plan design of experiments and analyze their results
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of an improved process implementation and how to analyze and interpret risk studies
- Develop control plans and use various tools to maintain and sustain improvements